Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, BPS Government Medical College for Women, India
Medical & Clinical Reviews Journal publishes peer-reviewed articles on diverse contemporary, emerging and trending research topics in medical and clinical science with the aim of translation into improved patient outcome and quality of life. The Journal focuses on promulgating new developments in the fields of pulmonary medicine, radiology, oncology, neurology, immunology, anesthesia, cardiology, dermatology, gastroenterology, pathology, nutrition and psychiatry. The upcoming and the archived publications of the Journal are of immense relevance to the practicing physicians, pathologists, health care administrators, medical technicians, medical counselors, dieticians, therapists, nurses and other health care delivery professionals as a valuable resource of systematic information and refined knowledge.
After successful completion of sixth volume, the Journal is now enthusiastically venturing into the compilation of the first issues in seventh volume. In the preceding volume, the Journal has produced a total of six issues at a bimonthly frequency comprised of a total 28 articles, contributed by 41 unique authors from different regions of the world. About 60 % of the articles are systematic original research and review articles while the rest 40% were composed of editorials, expert opinions and multimedia publications. A wide range of contemporary research topics were covered in volume 6 that included systematic studies in Orlistat medication, caloric diet and exercise on treatment of obesity , neonatal jaundice among low birth weight neonates, prevention of coronavirus infection, atopic dermatitis , autism spectrum disorder, graft selection for esophageal reconstruction, minimal invasive treatment of pancreatic necrosis, medical schemes, socio-demographic characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 infection, psychological and socioeconomic impact of COVID-19 , use of bio composites and adsorption techniques for ameliorating fluoride toxicity, healthcare telemarketing, chronic disease conditions, medical schemes, Anthrax infection, Unani medication for countering COVID-19 and various risk factors in stroke.
Progress in clinical and medical science and research has immense significance for public health. Over the recent years, a rise in multidisciplinary approaches that included social science was observed. Several of the research endeavors have focused on reduction of health care cost, increased resource accessibility to various population groups and refined formulations of health care policies for overall improvement of living standards and population health status in terms of different health indicators and greater emphasis was noted in addressing health care disparities.
Increased research funding, improved methodologies, techniques and technological sophistication enabled development of new medical solutions for a variety of human diseases and disorders. Clinical science and more specifically the pharmaceuticals underwent an expansion in term of the specialized research topics. Some of the emerging areas of medical and clinical research include medical bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, biological engineering, epidemiological research and Nano medicine. Medical and clinical research has evolved as a multidisciplinary scientific approach resulting in world-wide collaborations across different specializations. Advances made in computational science, machine learning as well as development of new algorithms has made the analysis and interpretations of the complex biologics feasible and even enabled predicting the outcomes. Bioinformatics played a crucial role in development of disease biomarkers for use in reliable diagnosis, in drug development, development of therapeutics, and has supported translational studies, medical application, epidemiological and meta-data studies, clinical health records, drug evaluations and drug regulation.
Precision medicine, targeted therapy and internal medicine have also gained more attention over recent years. Recent clinical research in these areas was observed to focus on endovascular treatment for cardiovascular disease and genetic abnormalities including cancer. More specifically non-invasive diagnostic and treatment techniques including routine endoscopy have also gained prominence.
Comprehensive and effective delivery of health care services involves a wide spectrum of services from physicians, surgeons, pathologists, nursing staff and technicians. Such integrated approach even includes, health insurance, pharmacy and medical laws. In this context application of clinical informatics based in information technology and communication sciences are also gaining increasing relevance for precise, accurate
and effective delivery of healthcare as it was observed in the case of generation and maintenance of electronic health record systems.